Physiotherapy Experts in Newmarket
As per definition Physiotherapy helps restore movement and function when someone is affected by injury, illness or disability. In our concept we strive to provide the injured clients with the knowledge and facilitate not only restoration of movement and function but inspiring them to continue on exceeding pre injury/illness overall functional level.
Our well trained and experienced physiotherapists empower our clients through movement and exercise, manual therapy, education and advice. We stand behind our results therefore we provide complimentary 15 min consultation to answer the questions that the clients may have before starting the recovery process. To read the full description of physiotherapy visit the Canadian Physiotherapy Associaton
- Physiotherapy is a primary care, autonomous, client-focused health profession dedicated to improving quality of life by:
- Promoting optimal mobility, physical activity and overall health and wellness;
Preventing disease, injury, and disability;
- Managing acute and chronic conditions, activity limitations, and participation restrictions;
improving and maintaining optimal functional independence and physical performance;
- Rehabilitating injury and the effects of disease or disability with therapeutic exercise programs and other interventions; and
- Educating and planning maintenance and support programs to prevent re-occurrence, re-injury or functional decline.
- Physiotherapy is anchored in movement sciences and aims to enhance or restore function of multiple body systems. The profession is committed to health, lifestyle and quality of life. This holistic approach incorporates a broad range of physical and physiological therapeutic interventions and aids.
- Physiotherapy services are those that are performed by physiotherapists or any other trained individuals working under a physiotherapist’s direction and supervision.
- Physiotherapists utilize diagnostic and assessment procedures and tools in order to develop and implement preventive and therapeutic courses of intervention. They apply a collaborative and reasoned approach to help clients achieve their health goals, in particular focusing on the musculoskeletal, neurological, cardiorespiratory and multi-systems. Within these systems, physiotherapists practice in areas that include paediatrics, geriatrics, oncology, women’s health, pain, critical care, wound care, occupational health and sports medicine.
- Physiotherapists analyze the impact of injury, disease, disorders, or lifestyle on movement and function. Their unique contribution to health care is to promote, restore and prolong physical independence by enhancing a client’s functional capacity. Physiotherapists encourage clients to assume responsibility for their health and participate in team approaches to health service delivery.